Five things you need to know before you board a plane
There are many important things to know in order to get fast-tracked at the airport so you don’t stand in line for hours; you also need some insurance in case your flights gets delayed or cancelled, or if your baggage gets lost in transit! You need to be up-to-date about your flight timings and in case there are delays, you would want to know immediately via text or email.
There are many apps and services that can help you be on time, and always airport ready. But, there are few other very important things you must know before you get to the airport. These things need to be considered in your planning and packing stages, not when you are running down the escalator and racing for the departure gate.
- Always make sure you confirm the carry-on bag size permitted by your airline. Many airlines have started specifying the dimensions required for the hand-luggage; if your carry-on doesn’t meet the criteria, then you will be required to pay a penalty or have it checked with your other baggage. As most airlines are charging per checked bag, this could cost you more.
- Carry toiletries that are 3 ounce sized or less; otherwise they will be confiscated!
- Be smart by wearing the right clothes for a long flight. Even if it’s a short one, chances are that your shirt or skirt will wrinkle. Choose comfortable shoes, and even put a pair of slippers in your carry-on. Wear stretchy jeans, leggings or consider wearing cashmere and wrinkle-free tops that keep you looking neat even after your flight has landed.
- For security and to avoid any headaches later, always make copies of your passport and credit card. These documents may save you hours or days of headaches if the originals are lost or stolen.
- Lastly, don’t put yourself in a position of rushing. Don’t leave everything to the last minute. Stay calm and enjoy your journey!