Best Cycle Rides in UK
1. Riccall to York, North Yorkshire: This is the gentle ride across the flat and fertile land of North Yorkshire. An attractive ride through the park along the river Ouse before it join the road into York, and a great Easter day out.
2. Lune Valley Trail, Lancashire: The highlight of this ride through the lush Lune valley is the Crook O’ Lune, a dramatic kink in the river just after the midway point, which captivated Romantic poet William Wordsworth. And it has some astonishing views of one of the Yorkshire Three Peaks.
3. Nidderdale Greenway, North Yorkshire: During spring this is one of the best route to ride on. One of the highlights is crossing the seven-arch Nidd viaduct in the opening mile and taking in the views over the treetops.
4. Rea valley route, Birmingham: This ride from pretty Cannon Hill Park on the south side of Birmingham is flat, easy and perfect for Easter. The spring tulips and pink cherry blossom in the park at the start will appeal to your mature self.
5. Cuckoo Trail, East Sussex: This gentle climb through the Cuckmere valley follows the former Cuckoo Line railway, taking its name from the old local custom of releasing a cuckoo at the Heathfield spring fair.